Mediaset is the majority shareholder in Mediaset Espana Comunicaciōn S.A., which is part of the Spanish television group that owns the Telecinco television network that began broadcasting in 1990.
Mediaset Espana is the leading private television group in Spain in terms of audience share and advertising sales, while it is also one of the most profitable television groups in Europe.
The company is listed on the Madrid, Bilbao and Valencia stock exchanges and since 3 January 2005 it has been included on the Ibex 35 index that lists the 35 biggest companies in Spain.
At the end of 2010, Mediaset Espana completed the purchase of 100% of the free-to-air television operations of Cuatro and 22% of the pay TV operations of Digital Plus, which is controlled by the Prisa TV Group (56%) and is partly owned by the Telefonica Group (22%).
As a result of these operations, the Mediaset Espana Group aims to consolidate its leadership position in the commercial television market in Spain, where it operates as an integrated television group in the following sectors:
- Advertising (Publiespana)
- Advertising in Group and third-party non-television media (Publimedia)
- Generalist analogical television (Telecinco)
- Multi-channel: free-to-air specialist channels (LaSiete, Factoria de Ficcion, Boing)
- Pay tv (stake in Digital Plus)
- Press agency (Atlas)
- Teleshopping (Publieci Television)
- Internet (through Conecta 5)
Mediaset in borsa:
Copyright © 2005-2015 Mediaset. All rigths reserved.